Universidad Ana G. Méndez (UAGM), through its web page, may request personal information from its users. Therefore, by using UAGM’s site, it is understood that the user acknowledges having read and accepted UAGM’s Privacy and Security Policy, and the Terms and Conditions.
DESCRIPTION OF APPLICABLE LAWS
UAGM’s Privacy and Security Policy follows applicable international, federal, and state laws that govern the privacy and confidentiality of information, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, the FERPA act of 1974 (as amended), 20 U.S.C. 1232g, the regulations established under 34 C.F.R., part 99, the Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Federal Communication Commission guidelines.
1. Collection and use of information
- UAGM’s Privacy and Security Policy applies to the collection and use of information that the user provides on the www.uagm.edu web site. Said information will only be used by UAGM.
- The system automatically collects IP addresses and the pages visited, to use them in internal analysis processes. This information is not used to track the user’s private data. The user authorizes UAGM to use said information for purposes of marketing, generating statistics and upgrading the internet site.
- The information will be used for the purpose for which it was requested. UAGM respects your right to privacy and will not provide personal information of its users to third parties without the user’s consent, unless required by current laws.
- Nor will we sell information to third parties for marketing, advertising or promotional purposes.
- To guard the user’s personal information, UAGM uses encryption technology to prevent unauthorized access or the accidental loss, alteration or destruction of their information.
- The provider of this technology is GoDaddy and the dominions for which security certificates were issued are uagm.edu.
- The owner of the security certificates is the Central Office of Computing and Telecommunications, located at Avenida Ana G. Méndez #1399, San Juan, PR 00926.
- The certificates are valid for one year and they are renewed annually.
- Since no system can guarantee full security, the information provided by users is kept as secure as possible, including its physical safety in the server location where the information is temporarily stored while being processed, and it is later eliminated from there.
4. Data updates
- Data updates of information provided by users of the web page are done periodically.
5. Policy updates
- UAGM’s Privacy and Security Policy was updated on February 23, 2015. UAGM may modify it periodically. If so, the most recent version will be published at www.uagm.edu.
Any associate or faculty member that does not comply with what this Policy establishes, may be subject to corrective actions, which may include a written reprimand, suspension of employment and salary, and even separation from employment.
José F. Méndez, Dr. h. c.
Mayra Cruz Rivera, Ed. D.
Vice president of Marketing and Student Affairs
Victoria de Jesús, Ed. D.
Vice President of Human Resources
Alfonso L. Dávila
Vice President of Financial Affairs